Sub-Forums

Show Design Band & Corps Music Writing Competitions Off-Topic

Feedback

Suggestion Box Report a Bug

What's Up

Joe's Work Log Announcements

Aquarius

mr anon58 9 days ago
I would like to know whether or not the transitions and general effect are up to par, especially in sets 7-13. I would also like to hear feedback on guard integration and whether or not the equipment changes make sense and do not take away from everything else that is happening. I would greatly appreciate any other comments that you may have. Thank you in advance.

micromarching.com/preview/mr-anon58
King Darius 9 days ago
Hi Mr anon58,

First off, I think your field coverage is great which definitely helps with general effect. For the first few sets, I would suggest having the guard dance rather than spin. You don't want to give away too much pizazz in the very beginning! I noticed that some of your guard members immediately switch from flags to rifles, making it practically impossible for actual performers to achieve. Generally in my shows, I use a set that shows the guard with no equipment between changes so it looks more realistic. I'm not really great with staging yet so I won't say anything about that. I'm on my phone at the moment so I can't switch between sets. I think your transitions look fine. Don't be afraid to check(by pressing "L") for who's going the furthest in each set. Make sure that number is relatively close in sets leading up to an impact. If you really want to wow your audience, aim to have each marcher travel the same distance. This process is fairly tedious, but worth the work in the long run. One last thing, make sure watch for small details like the second marcher in the first set to the right of the 45 on side 2. I hope any of this helps. I see potential for this show to turn out pretty well :)