Create Your Own Marching Shows
Sign Up for Free
Band & Corps
Report a Bug
Joe's Work Log
What can I do better?
This is my latest show:
What can I do better? Everything, if you see anything that you just don't like or that could be improved, put it down. I really want to know what direction my shows need to take and what I can do in general to make them better, so please leave a comment!
Plus lemme add what I thought about it:
1) The theme wasn't represented very well, I thought. (besides the uniforms).
2) Guard staging started out well, ended kinda badly.
3) Drill clarity after the hit in the middle was lost, by a lot.
Agree or disagree ^ ?.
Basically, I agree with what you've said.
1) I pretty much agree with this one but I don't really think that the show lost very much because of it. The drill was still inspiring whether or not it stayed with the theme.
2) I think that there was a difference in the guard staging from the beginning to the end but I wouldn't sat that it was bad. Basically, I thought that there were just a few small things to watch out for in the future. For example, in the first hold set, the guard isn't exactly symmetrical when every other section is and after set 25, there are some somewhat awkward transitions in the rifles in which the pass-throughs aren't realistic.
3) On this one I do agree, but only to a certain extent. I thought that the level of clarity at the end was lower than what preceded it, but by no massive margin. This happens to me as well, often because I spend the least amount of time on it in the excitement of finishing. Maybe this is the cause for you as well? For me, my least favorite part of the show was from 38 to the end because it didn't seem on as high a level as the drill that was presented earlier in the show.
Also, seeing as the sets preceding the hold set at set 17 were curvalinear, I would have liked it if sets 16 and 17 were as well.
Overall, the things that I noticed and commented on were very minor, simply because the only things that I would change about this show are very minor. You did a fantastic job on this show and I hope that you continue to design and create such inspiring shows.
to add a comment.
TERMS OF SERVICE